US22892 - EAP L4 - Demonstrate Understanding of Spoken Texts...
Note the video appearing on this website page is simply the exemplar answer guide for the practice activities.)
This resource guides students through the requirements of Unit Standard 22892 Demonstrate understanding of a spoken text and process information in English for an academic purpose. Students complete activities on listening and note-taking, complete two practice assessments, then complete the actual assessment. This is the second standard of the EAP suite that I'm producing with the theme of Climate Change.
Included in this resource:
- The complete student workbook (with preparation work, as well as the assessment) - see more details about this in notes further below.
- A file containing the link to the text you'll use for the actual assessment
- An Exemplar answer guide for practice activities 1 and 2 - this is shown in the video on this page. (Although it's just for practice, I still didn't want to put a video of this guide on YouTube!)
- An Exemplar answer guide for the final assessment. (A video of which appears nowhere!)
The student workbook includes:
- A coversheet for the assessment task.
- A hyperlinked table of contents.
- Clearly unpacked achievement criteria.
- Checkpoints to help students manage their time.
- A section on listening and note-taking skills
- Two practice activities
- The final assessment
- Hyperlinks to external sites and to help navigate the document (including a 'home' button on every page to take students to the table of contents).
This resource comes as an A4-sized document in Microsoft PowerPoint. This means you can:
- Easily upload it to your Google Drive if you prefer a Google format.
- Edit / Tweak to suit your / your students' needs
- Share with students digitally so that they can work on it online
- Print as hard copy work booklets
Please remember your feedback is always welcome.
Sharing/Copying this Resource
Share with your colleagues in the school you worked in at the time of purchase. Do not share with other schools. This includes not sharing with colleagues in a new school you may move to.