US22749 - EAP L4 - Write Text Under Test Conditions
See a video flipbook of the Student Preparation Booklet here. (Student Assessment Booklet featured in thumbnails.)
This product is designed to scaffold students through Unit Standard 22449 Write a text under test conditions in English for an academic purpose – version 4. Please be aware that texts used for US22751 Reading and US22892 Listening to a Spoken Text must be unfamiliar to students. This standard will make them VERY familiar with those texts. Do the reading and listening units first! You might find my overview a helpful guide with this.
Included in this resource are three files:
- Teacher Guidelines
- A Student Preparation Booklet
- A Student Assessment Booklet
The Student Preparation Booklet (featured in video) includes:
- A table of contents page.
- Important information about what they will do in the assessment, when it will take place, conditions etc.
- Unpacked achievement criteria.
- Information and activities to help students learn about important skills required for this unit standard.
- Three articles that will be students’ resource material in the assessment. They come with familiarisation activities to ensure students know the texts well before the writing assessment. These are the articles used in other EAP Level standards, including US22750, US22751 and US22892.
The Student Assessment Booklet (not shown in the video, but shown in thumbnail pics) includes:
- An instructions page (including the research question to be answered in students’ writing).
- A planning page.
- A checklist to help students check their work in their editing and proofreading stages.
- All three articles that make up the resource material. I have put the research question that students must answer on every page of the resource material to help keep them focused on what they are looking for.
- Edit / Tweak these digital resources to suit your / your students' needs
- Share with students digitally so that they can work on them online. Note, it will easily upload to your Google Drive to convert to Google Slides (as an A4 sized document). I recommend printing both documents, however (even the preparation booklet). As a result, the usual navigational hyperlinks do not appear in the student booklets.
- Print as hard copy work booklets.
- Save them as a PDFs
Sharing/Copying this Resource
Feel free to share this product with other teachers in your school, but please KEEP it in your school. Thank you heapsly. ;)