US22750 - EAP L4 - Write Crafted Text
See a video flipbook of this resource here.
This is a complete workbook designed to scaffold students through Unit Standard 22750 - Write a crafted text for a specified audience using researched material in English for an academic purpose. (This is one of three Level 4 EAP standards that contribute to credits toward University Entrance, and one of five in the EAP suite for level 4).
As with all the Drive Resources tasks for the Level 4 EAP suite, it follows the theme of climate change. Students must formulate their own research question, then write a crafted report of at least 800 words in response to this.
Included in this resource:
- A complete student workbook in Microsoft PowerPoint (resized as an A4 document)
- A PDF with links to Google documents, including:
- the complete workbook in Google Slides (identical to the PowerPoint one) if you prefer to use this version
- a Google sheet for students to log their resources, make notes about what they find in relation to their key question, and develop their thinking about those findings.
The student workbook includes:
- A coversheet for the assessment task.
- A hyperlinked table of contents.
- Clearly unpacked achievement criteria.
- Checkpoints to help students manage their time.
- A section on writing skills, structure and developing ideas (with associated activities to reinforce their understanding of this).
- Guidance in writing a key/inquiry question
- A checklist to help students achieve each of the achievement criteria
- Hyperlinks to external sites and to help navigate the document (including a 'home' button on every page to take students to the table of contents).
- Edit / Tweak this digital resource to suit your / your students' needs
- Share with students digitally so that they can work on it online
- Print as hard copy work booklets
- Save it as a PDF
Sharing/Copying this Resource
You may share this with members of the faculty you are in at the time of purchase. Please don't share this with your mates down the road, or people in your new school (should you move). I completely rely on people honouring this system to avoid selling PDFs and high-cost products requiring multiple licences. Thanks in advance.