US22751 - EAP L4 - Read and Process Information in English for Academic Purposes
See a video flipbook of this resource here
This is a complete workbook designed to scaffold students through Unit Standard 22751 (one of three required in the Level 4 EAP suite for University Entrance). It includes both reading tasks required to achieve in this standard. The student workbook includes:
- Coversheets for each assessment task
- A hyperlinked table of contents
- Clearly unpacked achievement criteria
- Checkpoints to help students manage their time
- Hyperlinks to external sites and to help navigate the document (including a 'home' button on every page to take students to the table of contents)
- A reading skills/strategy section to help senior students through the reading requirements of this assessment
- A reading Warrant of Fitness activity
- A practice activity that aligns with what students will meet in the final assessment activities
- Two assessment activities including the complete texts and templates students complete to show their understanding (including processing the information)
This resource comes in a zipped folder of documents produced as A4 booklets in Microsoft PowerPoint. This means you can:
- Edit / Tweak to suit your / your students' needs
- Share them with students digitally to complete online
- Print them as hard copy work booklets
Included in this resource:
- The complete student workbook (with reading WoF activity, practice activity and the two required reading assessments).
- Answers for all learning, practice and assessment activities.
- A 'frozen' version, also in PowerPoint. In this, the pages are all frozen as page backgrounds. Distributing this means students have no way of destroying their workbook by deleting something or mucking up the format. To type into it, they simply insert text boxes in the spaces provided. All hyperlinks are still active in this version.
Sharing/Copying this Resource
Yes, yes, you can share within your department. Don't go sending it to your mates in other schools though. I have been very fair, and understanding and realistic and all those other good things. Thank you! :)