Glitter and Glue - Set 1
Glitter and Glue comprises of 10 lessons' worth of lesson starters featuring a 'must know' learning point (the 'Glue'), then something 'interesting' about literature, language or the world at large and generally a good talking point (the 'Glitter')! Each lesson starter contains:
- 1 x 'do now' activity slide focusing on a key 'must-know' learning point for English/ELA;
- A slide of answers following that activity;
- A slide of 'glitter' - points of interest and fascination!
Having a lesson starter up on the screen as students enter the room ensures:
- students know to get their books and stationery out, and get working, as soon as they arrive.
- you have a few moments to get your own resources out, clear your head of the last class, and get it into the head-space of this new class.
- you have something to manage your class while you cope with today's crises as students arrive ("Miss, I've left my sweatshirt in the last class - can I go and get it?" or "Miss, can I fill up my drink bottle?" or "OMG miss, can I help Jess because her boyfriend's just dumped her?" or "Miss, can I borrow a pen?" or ALL OF THE ABOVE!!!!)
In addition, taking part in this program will mean you don't have to worry about whether or not you've missed a key language/literature point during the year. Please note: sets follow a logical learning progression, building learning on from the last point. Sets 1 and 2 focus on grammar. Following sets will focus on language techniques, figurative language, sound devices and more. Sets will be produced to cover an entire year.
This is a PDF with active hyperlinks.
Sharing/Copying this Resource
A lot of work went into this. I’d prefer you kept this resource to yourself. I’m happy for you to share larger products (like the Achievement Standard and Unit Standard tasks) with others in your department, but this is just a wee price. Buy your own, and let others buy theirs. Cheers! 😊