Glitter and Glue Lesson Bites - Set 15 - Narrative Perspective
Focus for this set: Narrative Perspective (1st, 2nd, 3rd person limited and Eye of God / Omniscient perspectives)
Note: A discounted BUNDLE of sets 1-10 is available here.
Glitter and Glue is designed for Years 9-13.
In this resource you receive a set of files in PowerPoint (editable) designed to last for 10 lessons (approx 2 weeks), including:
- A file containing the complete set of Glue activities, Glue answers and Glitter (a point of interest) to put up on your 'big screen' when students enter the room.
- A file containing only the Glue activities and the Glitter. This can be sent to students digitally. There are spaces where students can write their answers. It will easily convert to Google slides if uploaded to your Google Drive. Alternatively, send the file to students but get them to complete their activities in their exercise books.
- A file containing answers only, which you can share with students at the end of the fortnight so that they can mark their own work. You might like to save it as a PDF before sending to students (just in case they muck around with it) - up to you.
- A file containing the Glue Activities and the Answers, resized to fit an A4 page for you to create task cards from. Print them off, separate the activities from the answers, then put them aside in your classroom for early finishers, emergency relief or hard-copy homework activities. BOOM!
This resource is designed for teachers who want/need:
- A ‘starter’ at the beginning of each lesson. Something you can whack up on the screen for students to get straight into as soon as they enter the room (while you deal with the sick, the injured, the broken-hearted, the lost book, the lost shoes, the drink bottle that needs filling even though they just came in from lunch … and find your resources for this period and chuck down an ibuprofen!). If you’re using this resource as a starter to put up on your big screen at the beginning of each lesson, use the file marked complete set.
- Something ‘nuts and boltsy’ to cover the core stuff like parts of speech, language devices, punctuation etc. The stuff kids really need to know! Sure, we teach it in context … but I always used to worry about forgetting something! This is focused, quick, painless (hopefully).
- A structured programme of nuts and bolts skills/knowledge. These sets are designed to be used in order, however if you want to focus on a specific aspect (eg figurative language), then just pull that one out of your toolbox! As mentioned above, each set has 2 weeks (10 days) worth of activities. They build on from each other so that it gives you a program covering all the necessities.
- Something they can use with all levels. We know this ‘stuff’ needs going over every year, but these activities are also differentiated (3 levels) so they're guaranteed to cater for pretty much any ability in any year level.
- To add a wee ‘snippet’ of glitter to your lessons – something interesting, something ‘did-you-knowish’! I love the Glitter!
Sharing/Copying this Resource
Please don't share this resource. Let your mates buy their own (including colleagues within your school). I know it's tempting...sigh...