Glitter and Glue Lesson Bites - Set 8 - Elements of Literature
Tour this resource here.
Focus for this set: Elements of Literature - ranging from plot, characters etc to human nature and connecting with the wider world.
Not sure? Try a free sampler here.
Note: This set is included in a discounted BUNDLE of sets 1-10 available here.
Glitter and Glue comprises of 10 lessons' worth of lesson starters / bell-ringers featuring a 'must know' learning point (the 'Glue'), then something 'interesting' about literature, language or the world at large and generally a good talking point (the 'Glitter')! Each day's lesson starter contains:
- 1 x 'do now' activity slide focusing on a key 'must-know' learning point for English/ELA;
- A slide of answers following that activity;
- A slide of 'glitter' - points of interest and fascination!
In this resource you get 3 PDF files, including:
- Glue activities and Glitter
- Answers to the Glue activities (so that you can send them out electronically or print them separately)
- A complete set to use on your big screen in class (Glue Activities, answers and Glitter together)
There are a couple of ways you can use this resource! You can:
use them as lesson starters - have them projected on your screen so that students know to get to work as soon as they enter the room. (This is what these sets were originally designed for.)
send them out to students digitally - activities first, then later on, send out the answers for them to mark their own work. (A type of online task card so to speak.)
Having a lesson starter up on the screen as students enter the room ensures:
- students know to get their books and stationery out, and get working, as soon as they arrive.
- you have a few moments to get your own resources out, clear your head of the last class, and get it into the head-space of this new class.
- you have something to manage your class while you cope with today's crises as students arrive ("Miss, I've left my sweatshirt in the last class - can I go and get it?" or "Miss, can I fill up my drink bottle?" or "OMG miss, can I help Jess because her boyfriend's just dumped her?" or "Miss, can I borrow a pen?" or ALL OF THE ABOVE!!!!)
To really make your day, you'll discover that by taking part in this program you won't have to worry about whether or not you've missed a key language/literature point during the year. I've got it covered! Sets, on the whole, follow a logical learning progression, building learning on from the last point. They cover things like grammar, language techniques, figurative language, sound devices, common errors, elements of literature, working digitally in an organised fashion... and more! They will be produced to cover an entire year.
Sharing/Copying this Resource
A lot of work went into this. I’d prefer you kept this resource to yourself. I’m happy for you to share larger products (like the Achievement Standard and Unit Standard tasks) with others in your department, but this is just a wee price. Buy your own, and let others buy theirs. Cheers! 😊