US3488 Write Business Correspondence - V7 - THE NEWBIE
See a video flipbook of this resource here
This is a complete workbook designed to scaffold students through Unit Standard 3488 – Write Business Correspondence for a Workplace – version 7. Coversheets for grading are included with this resource in a separate file. Students write two emails for a workplace scenario relating to a new employee.
NOTE WELL: To complete the standard, students must complete:
- 2 pieces of internal correspondence, and
- 2 pieces of external correspondence.
THIS TASK COVERS ONE OF EACH OF THOSE. A second task, with a different workplace scenario and called "Pro Sports Event" can be found here to take students through the other two required pieces of correspondence (to give them their four - whew!).
Included in this resource:
- A complete student workbook in Microsoft PowerPoint (resized as an A4 document). This is completely editable, so put your own spin on it if you like. Upload to your Google Drive if you prefer a Googley version.
- A flat-packed version of the workbook which you may prefer to share online with students as it is locked down so that they can edit only the parts they should! This prevents accidental changes or deletion of parts of the resource. Upload to your Google Drive if you prefer a Googley version.
- A separate file of coversheets for your grading purposes.
- The answers to an activity requiring students to correct grammatical and punctuation errors.
The student workbook includes:
- A hyperlinked table of contents.
- Clearly unpacked achievement criteria.
- Two examples of emails – one for internal use, the other for external
- Checkpoints to help students manage their time.
- Activities to help students learn about important skills required for this unit standard.
- Preformated emailing templates.
- A checklist to help students ensure they are meeting the criteria in their writing
- Hyperlinks to help navigate the document (including a 'home' button on every page to take students to the table of contents).
- Edit / Tweak this digital resource to suit your / your students' needs
- Share with students digitally so that they can work on it online. Note, it will easily upload to your Google Drive to convert to Google Slides (as an A4 sized document).
- Print as hard copy work booklets.
- Save it as a PDF
Sharing/Copying this Resource
This resource, as with all my achievement and unit standard tasks, may be shared around your department. It must NOT be shared with your teacher mates at other schools. Please respect this as my resources don't cost a bomb, and I've been fair about the department thing! :)