US1293 Informal Interview
View this resource on YouTube here.
This task booklet enables students to gain NZQA Unit Standard 1293 Be Interviewed in an Informal, One-to-One, Face-to-Face Interview - version 7.
NOTE WELL: This product is also available here as a double whammy booklet that includes a coversheet for US26625 Spoken Interactions.
The task requires students to watch a documentary about Jane Elliot’s famous classroom experiment where she divided students in her class according to the colour of their eyes. They then prepare for an interview about their thoughts on that experiment. They are scaffolded through with simple templates.
Included in this resource:
- The complete student workbook
The student workbook includes:
- A coversheet for the assessment task
- Clearly unpacked achievement criteria
- Cues to show students when to stop and get teacher feedback
- Includes tables and templates, providing a structured and scaffolded approach.
- Contains hyperlinks (where necessary) for easy referral to parts within the document and also to external web sources.
This resource comes in Microsoft Word and a Google Docs format (a link to the Google version is provided). This means you can:
- Edit / Tweak to suit your / your students' needs
- Share with students digitally so that they can work on it online
- Print as hard copy work booklets
Please remember your feedback is always welcome.
Sharing/Copying this Resource
Just buy one resource, then you're welcome to share within your department and with students at your school. (I’m realistic!)
However, PLEASE, be fair and refrain from sharing with other schools or other departments.