US1293 Interview (Response to Documentary) and US26625 Speaking
This task booklet relates to TWO NZQA Unit Standards:
* US26625 Actively Participate in Spoken Interactions - this task produces ONE of THREE pieces required for this standard, and
* US1293 Be Interviewed in an Informal, One-to-One, Face-to-Face Interview
The task requires students to watch a documentary about Jane Elliot’s famous classroom experiment where she divided students in her class according to the colour of their eyes. They then prepare for an interview about their thoughts on that experiment. They are scaffolded through with simple templates.
Included in this resource:
- The complete student workbook
The student workbook includes:
- A coversheet for both unit standards
- Clearly unpacked achievement criteria
- Cues to show students when to stop and get teacher feedback
- Tables and templates, providing a structured and scaffolded approach
- Hyperlinks (where necessary) for easy referral to parts within the document and also to external web sources.
This resource comes in Microsoft Word and a Google Docs format (a link to the Google version is provided). This means you can:
- Edit / Tweak to suit your / your students' needs
- Share with students digitally so that they can work on it online
- Print as hard copy work booklets
Please remember your feedback is always welcome.
Sharing/Copying this Resource
Just buy one resource, then you're welcome to share within your department and with students at your school. (I’m realistic!)
However, PLEASE, be fair and refrain from sharing with other schools or other departments.