Glitter and Glue Lesson Bites - Set 17 - Developing Ideas
Focus for this set: Developing Ideas (watch video here).
We ask students to develop their ideas, but how do they do that? This set provides students with ten techniques to do just that.
New to these sets? Try a free sampler here.
Note: A discounted BUNDLE of sets 1-10 is available here.
This set is appropriate for:
- Grade levels: 8-12
- Year levels: 9-13
In this resource you receive a set of files in PowerPoint (editable, and also easily uploadable to your Google Drive - whoop whoop) designed to last for 10 lessons including:
- A file containing the complete set of activities, answers and a bit of 'glitter' (point of interest)
- A file containing only the Glue activities and the Glitter. This can be sent to students digitally. There are spaces where students can write their answers.
- A file containing answers only, which you can share with students at the end of the fortnight so that they can mark their own work.
- Task cards to print for early finishers, emergency relief (sub work) or hard-copy homework activities. BOOM!
This resource is designed for teachers who want/need:
- A set of mini lessons to complement an area of study - each set has a different focus.
- ‘Starters’ / Bell-ringers at the beginning of lessons. Something you can put up on the screen for students to get straight into as soon as they enter the room (while you deal with the sick, the injured, the broken-hearted, the lost book, the lost shoes, the drink bottle that needs filling even though they just came in from lunch … and find your resources for this period and chuck down an ibuprofen!).
- Something ‘nuts and boltsy’ to cover the core stuff like parts of speech, language devices, punctuation etc. The stuff kids really need to know! Sure, we teach it in context … but I always used to worry about forgetting something! This is focused, quick, painless (hopefully).
- A structured programme of nuts and bolts skills/knowledge. These sets are designed to be used in order, however if you want to focus on a specific aspect (eg figurative language), then just pull that one out of your toolbox! As mentioned above, each set has 2 weeks (10 days) worth of activities. They build on from each other so that it gives you a program covering all the necessities.
- Activities for early finishers, homework or relief lessons (sub lessons).
Sharing/Copying this Resource
This is for you and your classes only. Please do not share with your colleagues. Thanks heaps!