US504 Produce a CV
View the complete resource on YouTube here.
This task booklet, for NZQA’s Unit Standard 504 Produce a CV (Curriculum Vitae) - version 8 - guides students through writing their CV. Apart from the standard components for a CV, this task also makes use of a video produced by Careers NZ, and includes help with writing a personal statement, choosing referees, and compiling official documentation. Students are encouraged to use this CV for real work.
NOTE WELL: This is also available here as a combo with US26622 Writing.
Included in this resource:
The complete student workbook - see more details about this in notes further below.
The student workbook includes:
- A coversheet for the assessment task
- Clearly unpacked achievement criteria
- Checkpoints along the way where students are cued to stop and share their work with their teacher
- A checklist to help students ensure they've covered everything.
- Tables and templates, providing a structured and scaffolded approach.
- Contains hyperlinks (where necessary) for easy referral to parts within the document and also to external web sources.
- Includes short breaks when students can watch YouTube clips about daring or interesting things … then it’s back into it!
This resource comes as an A4-sized document in Microsoft Word and Google Docs (a link to the Google Doc is provided). This means you can:
- Edit / Tweak to suit your / your students' needs
- Share with students digitally so that they can work on it online
- Print as hard copy work booklets
Sharing/Copying this Resource
Just buy one resource, then you're welcome to share within your department and with students at your school. (I’m realistic!)
However, PLEASE, be fair and refrain from sharing with other schools or other departments.