US504 Produce a CV - V9
This task booklet, for NZQA’s Unit Standard 504 Produce a CV (Curriculum Vitae) - version 9 - guides students through writing their CV. Students complete activities that scaffold them through writing all the key components required in a CV. They also watch several videos from key employment and CV-producing organisations and note key information from these.
- If you're using version 8, don't panic, as version 8 is still valid, with no expiry date. Version 9 is better though as there's more flexibility re what students can produce and they no longer need to include documentation!
- You could count this as one of the three products required for US26622 Writing. Separate coversheets for the grading of students work against US26622 are available here if you want that option.
Included in this resource:
- The completely editable student workbook. (Tweak it to suit your needs if you like.)
- A FLAT-PACKED version of the student workbook. This is uneditable except for the parts students must type into. Using this version lessens the chance of students deleting or damaging their booklet. (An explanations of what flat-packing is is included in this pack.)
- A coversheet for grading/marking and moderating (also available separately)
- The original version of a formatting guide students can follow for their CV. Their booklet has an IMAGE of this in it so that they can't just copy and paste it for their own CV. I've included the format in case you want to edit it.
- A note about assessing two standards with one product.
- Notes from the videos that students must watch to help you go over the video activites with students.
The student workbook includes:
- Clearly unpacked achievement criteria.
- Checkpoints along the way where students are cued to stop and share their work with their teacher.
- A checklist to help students ensure they've covered everything.
- Tables and templates, providing a structured and scaffolded approach.
- Contains hyperlinks (where necessary) for easy referral to parts within the document and also to external web sources.
Microsoft PowerPoint, resized to an A4 page format.
- Edit / Tweak to suit your / your students' needs
- Share with students digitally so that they can work on it online
- Upload it to your Google Drive if you prefer that suite (it will convert to A4-sized Google Slides)
- Print as hard copy work booklets
A flat-packed version of the student workbook in case you prefer to share a 'locked down' version with them. (Note, an explanation of flat-packing is provided with this resource.)
Sharing/Copying this Resource
Just buy one resource, then you're welcome to share within your department and with students at your school. (I’m realistic!)
However, PLEASE, be fair and refrain from sharing with other schools or other departments.