US27999 Write Simple Connected Text (EL - Level 2) - Description
See a flipbook video of this resource here.
This is a complete workbook designed to scaffold students through Unit Standard 27999 – Write a simple connected text on a familiar topic (EL) – version 3. Students must write a description about a person, place or thing. Teachers and students may choose what to write about in line with current units of work. This will ensure students are familiar with what they’ll describe.
Included in this resource:
- A complete student workbook in Microsoft PowerPoint (resized as an A4 document)
- A PDF with links to a Google version of the workbook.
The student workbook includes:
- A coversheet for the assessment task.
- A hyperlinked table of contents.
- Clearly unpacked achievement criteria.
- Checkpoints to help students manage their time.
- Sections on the skills students are expected to showcase in their assessment.
- A checklist to help students achieve each of the achievement criteria
- Hyperlinks to external sites and to help navigate the document (including a 'home' button on every page to take students to the table of contents). It is appreciated these will be a non-event for most students as they’ll be given a printed copy instead.
- Edit / Tweak this digital resource to suit your / your students' needs
- Share with students digitally so that they can work on it online (until they get to the actual assessment)
- Print as hard copy work booklets
- Save it as a PDF