US26625 Speaking - Job Interview
This task helps students achieve NZQA’s Unit Standard 26625 Actively Participate in Spoken Interactions. For this standard, students are required to participate in THREE different spoken interactions. This resource covers ONE of those – speaking at a job interview.
Students complete several activities to help them prepare for a job interview. The teacher is the interviewer.
Included in this resource:
- The complete student workbook
The student workbook includes:
- A coversheet for your marking
- Clearly unpacked achievement criteria
- Cues to show students when to stop and get teacher feedback
- How to prepare for the interview by considering what the interviewer wants to know, preparing for common questions, preparing questions the interviewEE could ask, body language and hand-shaking
- Tables and templates, providing a structured and scaffolded approach
- Hyperlinks (where necessary) for easy referral to parts within the document and also to external web sources.
This resource comes in Microsoft Word and a Google Docs format (a link to the Google version is provided). This means you can:
- Edit / Tweak to suit your / your students' needs
- Share with students digitally so that they can work on it online
- Print as hard copy work booklets
Please remember your feedback is always welcome.
Sharing/Copying this Resource
Just buy one resource, then you're welcome to share within your department and with students at your school. (I’m realistic!)
However, PLEASE, be fair and refrain from sharing with other schools or other departments.