US26625 Speaking - Group Problem-Solving
This task helps students achieve NZQA’s Unit Standard 26625 Actively Participate in Spoken Interactions. For this standard, students are required to participate in THREE different interactions (at least one of which must be in a small group). This resource covers ONE of those – speaking interactively in a group situation.
Students are told how many companies like to observe candidates in a group work scenario before they decide who to employ. This is their scenario – each group member is vying for the job by showing how well they can interact during a group problem-solving activity where they discuss where to go on a camping trip including where the group should go camping, meal plans, what to take, and how they will get there.
Included in this resource:
- The complete student workbook
The student workbook includes:
- A coversheet for your marking
- Clearly unpacked achievement criteria
- Cues to show students when to stop and get teacher feedback
- Discussion of what active participation looks like
- Activities about ‘appropriate’ speaking and body language
- Preparation for the discussion
- A table to record notes during the discussion – the results of their problem-solving
- Tables and templates, providing a structured and scaffolded approach
- Hyperlinks (where necessary) for easy referral to parts within the document and also to external web sources.
This resource comes in Microsoft Word and a Google Docs format (a link to the Google version is provided). This means you can:
- Edit / Tweak to suit your / your students' needs
- Share with students digitally so that they can work on it online
- Print as hard copy work booklets
Please remember your feedback is always welcome.
Sharing/Copying this Resource
Just buy one resource, then you're welcome to share within your department and with students at your school. (I’m realistic!)
However, PLEASE, be fair and refrain from sharing with other schools or other departments.