US26625 Speaking - Group Problem-Solving - Work It (Word & G.Doc)
This task helps students achieve NZQA’s Unit Standard 26625 Actively Participate in Spoken Interactions - version 6. For this standard, students are required to participate in THREE different interactions (at least one of which must be in a small group). This resource covers ONE of those – speaking interactively in a group situation.
Students are told how many companies like to observe candidates in a group work scenario before they decide who to employ. This is their scenario – each group member is vying for the job by showing how well they can interact. They first learn basic tools that help them participate actively in a group discussion. They then pre-plan a camping trip individually, later taking their ideas to a group discussion with the goal of coming to a consensus about where the group should go camping, meal plans, what to take, and how they will get there.
As with all our task booklets, this resource:
- Comes with a clear and user-friendly coversheet.
- Is available in Microsoft Word and Google Doc formats - use it as is or edit it to suit your/your students' needs.
- Is available in a type-on PDF format. No editing, but nor do you have to worry about format.
- Is primarily designed to be shared with students digitally but can also be printed.
- Is designed to ensure students SUCCEED.
- Includes tables and templates, providing a structured and scaffolded approach.
- Contains hyperlinks (where necessary) for easy referral to parts within the document and also to external web sources.
- Includes short breaks when students can watch YouTube clips about daring or interesting things … then it’s back into it!
Sharing/Copying this Resource
Just buy one resource, then you're welcome to share within your department and with students at your school. (I’m realistic!)
However, PLEASE, be fair and refrain from sharing with other schools or other departments.