US1293 Interview (Police and Witness) and US26625 Speaking
This task relates to requirements for TWO NZQA Unit Standards for level 1:
- US26625 Actively Participate in Spoken Interactions (this is one of three pieces needed for this standard), and
- US1293 Be Interviewed in an Informal, One-to-One, Face-to-Face Interview.
Students watch the short film “405” and take on the role of the driver whose car is landed on by a passenger plane. The teacher takes on the role of a police officer who is carrying out further investigation into the event.
Included in this resource:
- The complete student workbook
The student workbook includes:
- A coversheet for both unit standards
- Clearly unpacked achievement criteria
- Cues to show students when to stop and get teacher feedback
- Tables and templates, providing a structured and scaffolded approach
- Hyperlinks (where necessary) for easy referral to parts within the document and also to external web sources.
This resource comes in Microsoft Word and a Google Docs format (a link to the Google version is provided). This means you can:
- Edit / Tweak to suit your / your students' needs
- Share with students digitally so that they can work on it online
- Print as hard copy work booklets
Please remember your feedback is always welcome.
Sharing/Copying this Resource
Just buy one resource, then you're welcome to share within your department and with students at your school. (I’m realistic!)
However, PLEASE, be fair and refrain from sharing with other schools or other departments.