US26624 Reading - V6 - Transcript
Flip through this resource here.
This resource guides students through one of the three reading activities required to complete the level one Unit Standard 26624 Read texts with understanding (version 6). It is part of a collection of technology themed tasks. (See Plan Your Thematic Programme for details.) Students read a transcript-styled text of a discussion about the pros and cons of technology, then complete activities about it.
This product includes:
- A completely editable student booklet which can be typed into if shared digitally or written on if printed. This also means teachers can tweak it to suit their own needs.
- A flat-packed version of the student booklet that you might prefer to share with your students if they're working digitally because they cannot destroy the contents but CAN type into the areas they need to.
- Coversheets for teachers to grade with.
- An answer guide for teachers.
The student workbook includes:
- A table of contents.
- Checkpoints – teachers/students can write in dates to ensure students meet the final deadline.
- Explanation of what they must do for this task.
- Unpacked achievement criteria.
- Instructions and an example to show students how to include evidence in their work.
- Questions and activities to help students show their reading skills against the achievement criteria for the unit standard.
This resource comes in Microsoft PowerPoint (resized as A4 pages). This means you can:
- Edit / Tweak it to suit your / your students' needs.
- Upload to Google if you prefer ‘Slides’ over PowerPoint. (Yes, the dimensions will remain as A4 pages.)
- Share with students digitally so that they can complete the work on their laptops.
- Print as hard copy work booklets.
Sharing/Copying this Resource
Share within your department. Go for it. Don't be stinky and share it with other schools though. Thank you! :)