US26622 Writing - Response to Documentary - Blues and Browns
This task helps students achieve NZQA’s Unit Standard 26622 Write to communicate ideas for a purpose and audience - version 4. For this standard, students are required to write THREE different text types. This resource covers ONE of those – writing a response to a short documentary.
Here, students watch documentary (it’s only 15 minutes long) about Jane Elliott’s controversial classroom experiment where she divided her class according to the colour of their eyes. The aim of the experiment was to teach her students about racism. Students then write a short personal response to tell what they think of the experiment.
As with all our task booklets, this resource:
- Comes with a clear and user-friendly coversheet.
- Is available in Microsoft Word and Google Doc formats - use it as is or edit it to suit your/your students' needs.
- Is available in a type-on PDF format. No editing, but nor do you have to worry about format.
- Is primarily designed to be shared with students digitally but can also be printed.
- Is designed to ensure students SUCCEED.
- Includes tables and templates, providing a structured and scaffolded approach.
- Contains hyperlinks (where necessary) for easy referral to parts within the document and also to external web sources.
- Includes short breaks when students can watch YouTube clips about daring or interesting things … then it’s back into it!