US26622 Writing - Lead Article - Brush with Death (Word & G.Doc)
This task helps students achieve NZQA’s Unit Standard 26622 Write to communicate ideas for a purpose and audience - version 4. For this standard, students are required to write THREE different text types. This resource covers ONE of those – writing a lead newspaper article.
Here, students watch the short film “405”, then write a lead newspaper article to report on the event seen in that film (where a passenger plane lands on a car on an LA freeway).
As with all our task booklets, this resource:
- Comes with a clear and user-friendly coversheet.
- Is available in Microsoft Word and Google Doc formats - use it as is or edit it to suit your/your students' needs.
- Is available in a type-on PDF format. No editing, but nor do you have to worry about format.
- Is primarily designed to be shared with students digitally but can also be printed.
- Is designed to ensure students SUCCEED.
- Includes tables and templates, providing a structured and scaffolded approach.
- Contains hyperlinks (where necessary) for easy referral to parts within the document and also to external web sources.
- Includes short breaks when students can watch YouTube clips about daring or interesting things … then it’s back into it!
Sharing/Copying this Resource
Just buy one resource, then you're welcome to share within your department and with students at your school. (I’m realistic!)
However, PLEASE, be fair and refrain from sharing with other schools or other departments.