US26622 Writing - V5 - Explanation - Tech Me
Flip through this resource here.
This resource guides students through writing an explanation for the level 1 Unit Standard 26622 (version 5) - one of three tasks required to complete the standard. It is part of a collection of technology themed tasks. (See Plan Your Thematic Programme for guidance.) This task requires students to conduct a survey to establish what use is made of technology by their peers and how that technology affects them (eg, with schoolwork, safety, time-management, relationships, down-time etc). They then write their explanation about this.
This product includes:
- A completely editable student booklet which can be typed into if shared digitally or written on if printed. This also means teachers can tweak it to suit their own needs.
- A flat-packed version of the student booklet that you might prefer to share with your students if they're working digitally because they cannot destroy the contents but CAN type into the areas they need to.
- Coversheets for teachers to grade/mark with.
The student workbook includes:
- A table of contents.
- Checkpoints – teachers/students can write in dates to ensure students meet the final deadline.
- Explanation of what they must do for this task.
- Unpacked achievement criteria - 2 versions, one VERY simple.
- Information about how to create a survey.
- Information about grammatical aspects such as sentence structures, punctuation, comparatives, connectives and subject-verb agreement
- Planning pages
- A checklist to check their writing against
This resource comes in Microsoft PowerPoint (resized as A4 pages). This means you can:
- Edit / Tweak it to suit your / your students' needs.
- Upload to Google if you prefer ‘Slides’ over PowerPoint. (Yes, the dimensions will remain as A4 pages.)
- Share with students digitally so that they can work on their laptops.
- Print as hard copy work booklets.
Sharing/Copying this Resource
Guilt-free product - share with teachers in your department and print off as many copies as you like. HOWEVER, please do not share with other school. That would be stink.