Touch-type Like a Boss
We all need to be able to type with speed and accuracy, or better yet, touch-type!
- Frustrated with your senior high school students not being able to type?
- Worrying about the lack of typing skills in your junior students and wondering how they'll cope as seniors?
- Wanting to prepare your own children or students for life with a keyboard?
The Typing Club is a fantastic free website to help people of any age learn to type with speed and accuracy. Graphing those results:
- Increases motivation
- Teaches younger students how to complete a table and graph.
This resource is designed to do just that. It comes as:
- A Google doc AND a Microsoft Word doc - either of which can be edited or completed digitally;
- A Google Sheets page AND a Microsoft Excel spreadsheet with table and automatic graphing of that table all set to go;
- A PDF.
All bases covered!
This means you have options! You can:
- Print the graphs for students to complete hard copies, or
- Have them record their results digitally.
The link to the Typing Club site is included in the resource, as are clear instructions.
In addition, the graphs can be used for any plotting you like eg for spelling test, reading minutes/hours ... So this is a really handy resource!
Send it out to students to work on at home or use it in the classroom (as a printed handout or digital resource).
Sharing/Copying this Resource
A lot of work went into this. I’d prefer you kept this resource to yourself. I’m happy for you to share larger products (like the Achievement Standard and Unit Standard tasks) with others in your department, but this is just a wee price. Buy your own, and let others buy theirs. Cheers! 😊