3.5 Oral Text - Smug Notes
Watch the flipbook video of this task booklet here!
This is such a fun task! Students must create and deliver an oral presentation similar to Wisecrack's Thug Notes. The will present their ideas about a text (novel, short story, poem, film, podcast...) that they've studied in class. It is designed for the Level 3 English Achievement Standard 91476 3.5 Create and deliver a fluent and coherent oral text which develops, sustains, and structures ideas.
As with all of my tasks, this booklet takes students through from start to finish with:
- clear teaching points
- unpacked achievement criteria (in student 'speak')
- hyperlinks to access extra information and to help navigate the document
- checkpoints to help students manage their time
- checklists to help students ensure they meet all the needs of the assessment.
This is a hyper doc created in Microsoft PowerPoint, resized to an A4 document (so you can easily print it if you don't want to use it digitally. This document can easily be:
- edited to suit your own needs
- uploaded to your Google Drive if you prefer to share it with students digitally in that format
- saved as a PDF.
IN ADDITION, you also get a link to a 'frozen' or interactive Google Slides doc (resized for A4) that students can insert text boxes over but they can't destroy the format.
AS WELL, the hyper doc provides links to planning documents and checklists for students to make a copy of and use as they like.
Boom! It's what we need!