3.4 Writing - The Roadie
For this task, students write about a road trip, or any journey (it could even be to the end of the football field), from a first-person point of view.
This Achievement Standard task is designed to ellicit the best grades possible for students in Year 13. NZQA Achievement Criteria are clearly unpacked and explained in 'student speak'. Students are carefully guided through:
- exactly what 'ideas' are, how to develop their ideas, and how to illustrate that development
- structuring their work
- using language features
- catering for a specific audience and purpose
Self-management is enabled via checkpoints and checklists.
This is a stand alone booklet that can be shared with students online, or printed to provide a hardcopy workbook. Purchase of this product provides teachers with 3 versions:
1. Microsoft PowerPoint (set to A4 page size for a booklet format)
2. Google Slides (set to A4 page size for a booklet format) - you get a link to this (although you could easily just upload the Microsoft PowerPoint version yourself if you prefer)
3. A flat-packed PowerPoint version where students can edit only the parts you want them to write into or click on. This helps prevent them destroying formats or accidentally deleting parts of the document if you're sharing digitally.
The really awesome thing is that purchase of this product gives you rights to share it with other members of your faculty (so long as they were in your school at the time of purchase). In addition, you can print as many copies as you like, and share with as many students as you have! Happy days - Drive Resources, keeping it real for teachers!
Sharing/Copying this Resource
Just buy one resource, then you're welcome to share within your department and with students at your school. (I’m realistic!)
However, PLEASE, be fair and refrain from sharing with other schools or other departments.
Flip through this resource!