2.7 Connections - The Ideas Have It
Flip through this resource here!
This task booklet, for NCEA Achievement Standard 2.7 Analyse significant connections across texts, supported by evidence, is designed around the exploration of theme. Students consider the over-arching theme studied in class texts during the year, then break that theme down into manageable connecting ideas. They then choose ONE of those smaller, more focussed ideas to explore across texts (at least one of which they choose themselves). A table is provided to guide them through the exploration of 2-3 techniques used by the creators of texts to illustrate the connecting idea. The workbook carefully guides students through the requirements of the standard, checkpoints, and structuring their work.
As with all our task booklets, this resource:
- Is available in Microsoft Word and Google Doc formats - use it as is or edit it to suit your/your students' needs.
- Is primarily designed to be shared with students digitally but can also be printed.
- Is designed to ensure students have the opportunity to achieve Excellence.
- Includes clearly unpacked achievement criteria.
- Includes in-built checkpoints, tables and templates, providing a structured and scaffolded approach.
- Contains hyperlinks for easy referral to parts within the document and also to external web sources.
Sharing/Copying this Resource
Just buy one resource, then you're welcome to share within your department and with students at your school. (I’m realistic!)
However, PLEASE, be fair and refrain from sharing with other schools or other departments.
Flip through this resource!
Click here to see a video flipbook of this product!