2.4 Writing - Dear Covid
See a video of this resource here!
This task has been designed for NCEA English Achievement Standard 2.4 Produce a Selection of Crafted and Controlled Writing (AS91101). The task requires students to write a letter to the virus we know as Covid-19 telling it how they feel about it and how it's affected their lives.
The resource comes in Microsoft PowerPoint which may easily be uploaded to your Google Drive or saved as a PDF. The document also includes links to:
- A frozen/interactive Google Slides version (students cannot move the material so there are no worries about them mucking up the formats or deleting anything, but they can add a text box in the appropriate spaces to add their own content);
- A Google Sheet that helps students develop their ideas and plan their work. Yay!
As with all my task booklets, this takes students through the production process from start to finish. It includes:
- Clearly 'unpacked' achievement criteria
- Checkpoints to help with time management
- Guided teaching points on aspects such as language techniques, sentence structures etc
- Checklists to ensure they have completed everything and checked their work thoroughly
- Hyperlinks to help them navigate their way around the document and to go to external sites.
Please ensure you read the instructions, and terms and conditions, that come with this resource.
Sharing/Copying this Resource
Just buy one resource, then you're welcome to share within your department and with students at your school. (I’m realistic!)
However, PLEASE, be fair and refrain from sharing with other schools or other departments.