US30997 - Read a Text on a Familiar Topic (EL - L3) – Social Media - 2nd Ed
Flip through the PRACTICE booklet here. (For obvious reasons the assessment activity has not been loaded on YouTube!)
This resource guides students through Unit Standard 30997 Read and understand a text on a familiar topic - version 1. This is edition 2 of our task.
For this task, students read an article about a young person’s experiences with social media and what she learned about it. They first complete a practice assessment which they may do with their friends and plenty of teacher guidance. They then complete the actual assessment. Note that students must only read one text to complete the standard. This product therefore allows them to complete the standard in its entirety.
This product includes:
- One booklet containing student information and a practice activity.
- The answers for that practice activity (in a separate file).
- One booklet containing the actual assessment activity and a cover sheet with achievement criteria and must-know notes from the guidance information provided by NZQA to use for your marking.
- The answers for that assessment activity.
This resource comes in Microsoft PowerPoint (resized as A4 pages). This means you can:
- Edit / Tweak it to suit your / your students' needs.
- Upload to Google if you prefer ‘Slides’ over PowerPoint.
- Share with students digitally so that they can work on them online. (Note that for EL standards, students must work in hard copy because, other than dictionaries, they must not use any digital devices.)
- Print as hard copy work booklets.
Sharing/Copying this Resource
As with all my Achievement and Unit Standard products you may share this with your department. Please don't send it down the road to that other school! They can buy their own! That's fair eh?! You bet! :)