US28068 Write Connected Text (EL - Level 3)
See a video flipbook of this resource here.
This is a complete workbook designed to scaffold students through Unit Standard 28068 – Write a connected text on a familiar topic (EL) – version 3. This standard contributes to Level 3 NZCEL. Students must write a persuasive letter about topic familiar to them. Teachers and students may choose what to write about in line with current units of work. This will ensure students are familiar with what they’ll describe.
Included in this resource:
- A complete student workbook in Microsoft PowerPoint (resized as an A4 document)
- A PDF with links to a Google slides version of the workbook (again, resized as an A4 document).
The student workbook includes:
- A coversheet for the assessment task.
- A hyperlinked table of contents.
- Clearly unpacked achievement criteria.
- Checkpoints to help students manage their time.
- Sections on the skills students are expected to showcase in their assessment.
- A checklist to help students check their writing fulfils requirements.
- Hyperlinks to help navigate the document (including a 'home' button on every page to take students to the table of contents). While students must handwrite their assessment, they could do the work that prepares them for this digitally. Instead of printing out empty booklets when you begin, print their booklets later, just prior to their assessment, so that students can have them sitting beside them as they write.
- Edit / Tweak this digital resource to suit your / your students' needs
- Share with students digitally so that they can work on it online (until they get to the actual assessment)
- Print as hard copy work booklets
- Save it as a PDF
Sharing/Copying this Resource
You may share this with other teachers in your department. Please, do NOT share it with your mates in other schools. Thanks very much for your understanding. :)