US26624 Reading - Job Advertisements
This task helps students achieve NZQA’s Unit Standard 26624 Read Texts with Understanding. For this standard, students are required to read THREE text types. This resource covers ONE of those – the reading of job advertisements.
Here, students are required to read a selection of job advertisements, then answer questions about them.
Included in this resource:
- The complete student workbook
The student workbook includes:
- A coversheet for the assessment task
- Clearly unpacked achievement criteria
- Cues to show students when to stop and get teacher feedback
- The text to be read for the assessment
- Tables and templates, providing a structured and scaffolded approach
- Hyperlinks (where necessary) for easy referral to parts within the document and also to external web sources.
This resource comes in Microsoft Word and a Google Docs format (a link to the Google version is provided). This means you can:
- Edit / Tweak to suit your / your students' needs
- Share with students digitally so that they can work on it online
- Print as hard copy work booklets
Please remember your feedback is always welcome.
Sharing/Copying this Resource
Just buy one resource, then you're welcome to share within your department and with students at your school. (I’m realistic!)
However, PLEASE, be fair and refrain from sharing with other schools or other departments.