US26622 Writing - Instructions (for CPR)
This task helps students achieve NZQA’s Unit Standard 26622 Write to communicate ideas for a purpose and audience. For this standard, students are required to write THREE different text types. This task covers ONE of those.
Here, students watch a YouTube video featuring Vinnie Jones teaching the public how to perform CPR. They must use what they learn from the video to write instructions (in the form of a quick guide) in how to do this.
Included in this resource:
- The complete student workbook
The student workbook includes:
- A coversheet for the assessment task
- Clearly unpacked achievement criteria
- Cues to show students when to stop and get teacher feedback
- Tables and templates, providing a structured and scaffolded approach
- An example set of instructions
- Hyperlinks (where necessary) for easy referral to parts within the document and also to external web sources.
This resource comes in Microsoft Word and a Google Docs format (a link to the Google version is provided). This means you can:
- Edit / Tweak to suit your / your students' needs
- Share with students digitally so that they can work on it online
- Print as hard copy work booklets
Please remember your feedback is always welcome.
Sharing/Copying this Resource
Just buy one resource, then you're welcome to share within your department and with students at your school. (I’m realistic!)
However, PLEASE, be fair and refrain from sharing with other schools or other departments.