US10792 Write Correspondence and US26622 Writing (Cover Letter)
This task booklet relates to TWO NZQA Unit Standards for level 1 (that is, students can work towards both standards with the one piece of work):
- US26622 Write to Communicate Ideas for a Purpose and Audience (one of three pieces needed for this standard), and
- US10792 Write Formal Personal Correspondence (one of two pieces needed for this standard)
Students write a cover letter that would accompany a curriculum vitae in a job application.
Included in this resource:
- The complete student workbook
The student workbook includes:
- Coversheets for both unit standards
- Clearly unpacked achievement criteria
- Cues to show students when to stop and get teacher feedback
- Tables and templates, providing a structured and scaffolded approach
- An example of a cover letter
- Hyperlinks (where necessary) for easy referral to parts within the document and also to external web sources.
This resource comes in Microsoft Word and a Google Docs format (a link to the Google version is provided). This means you can:
- Edit / Tweak to suit your / your students' needs
- Share with students digitally so that they can work on it online
- Print as hard copy work booklets
Please remember your feedback is always welcome.
Sharing/Copying this Resource
Just buy one resource, then you're welcome to share within your department and with students at your school. (I’m realistic!)
However, PLEASE, be fair and refrain from sharing with other schools or other departments.