US10792 Write Formal Personal Correspondence
See a video flipbook of this resource here!
This task helps students achieve NZQA’s Unit Standard 10792 Write Formal Personal Correspondence - version 5. It guides students through writing TWO pieces of correspondence as required to complete the standard. The task here requires the production of:
- a cover letter to go with a job application (also available here as part of a US26622 task) and
- an email in which they query a bill from their power company.
Included in this resource:
- The complete student workbook
The student workbook includes:
- A coversheet for the assessment task
- Clearly unpacked achievement criteria
- Cues to show students when to stop and get teacher feedback
- Tables and templates, providing a structured and scaffolded approach
- An example report
- Hyperlinks (where necessary) for easy referral to parts within the document and also to external web sources.
This resource comes in Microsoft Word and a Google Docs format (a link to the Google version is provided). This means you can:
- Edit / Tweak to suit your / your students' needs
- Share with students digitally so that they can work on it online
- Print as hard copy work booklets
Please remember your feedback is always welcome.
Sharing/Copying this Resource
Just buy one resource, then you're welcome to share within your department and with students at your school. (I’m realistic!)
However, PLEASE, be fair and refrain from sharing with other schools or other departments.