1.3 Writing - BOOK 1 - Understanding the Writing Process
This resource is designed to begin students off on the right foot with NCEA 1.3 Writing. Flip through this resource here!
Before they begin writing, students MUST understand:
- The 4 types of writing and the genre that sit within these.
- The ordered process of having an idea, choosing an audience, having a purpose, selecting their genre.
- The DELIBERATE selection of superpowers from the 'Masters of the Universe' - language and structure to create their text.
- What it means to develop their ideas and how to do this.
- The power of editing and the importance of proofreading.
This resource includes:
⭐ A completely editable student booklet.
⭐ A flatpacked student booklet (meaning students can edit only the parts they need to, so no more formatting woes for you all).
⭐ A slide show presentation to help you take students through the learning in their booklet. Each slide is clearly marked with the corresponding page in the student booklet. This is also completely editable.
⭐ Posters about:
- The masters of the universe (language and structure)
- 4 types of writing (4 individual posters)
- 10 steps in the writing process (10 individual posters)
- Developing ideas
You and your students will enjoy:
❤️ Clearly explained (in student speak) concepts.
❤️ Helpful graphics to enhance understanding.
❤️ Being able to print and handwrite OR use the student booklet digitally.
❤️ A balanced mix of information and activities.
❤️ A couple of activities at the end to process new understanding.
❤️ The challenge of finding language features throughout the booklet (have your chocolates ready!).
Microsoft PowerPoint, resized to an A4 page. This means your resource:
- Is completely editable.
- Will easily upload to your Google Drive if you prefer the Googley suite.
Posters are in PDF format (uneditable).
Also helpful are these related products:
✅ Scaffold genre structures with FORMATTING TEMPLATES - 15 for 15 genre.
Enjoy tips and ideas, and keep up to date with my store:
✿ Join my team here – to receive email updates, teaching and tech tips, and to access to my library of freebies!
✿ Like my Facebook page.
✿ Follow me on Instagram.
✿ Follow me on TPT.
Sharing/Copying this Resource
Purchase for yourself, or purchase and share with your department. Please do NOT share with other schools, or the new school you move to later! That'd be stink.